Friday, November 2, 2007

Just Doing My Thing

I've spent a lot of time today doing different things. I went to class this morning, I turned in my homework, I found the power cord for my MacBook, I ate some Captain Crunch cereal, I stamped out a small revolt on Conquer Club, updated my new clan forum, announced the new tournament organizer forum, answered 25 PMs from players, did some German homework, a few things with my Editing homework, and now I'm just sitting here at the computer wishing I had something else to add to my already full plate of daily activities.

I know that in about 30 minutes I won't still have that feeling, but lately I've been thinking that I enjoy being busy. Not busy in the "gotta get it done or I will fail miserably" sense, but busy in the "I have lots of projects and goals that are giving me some fulfillment in life" sense. Does that make sense to anyone other than me? If not, oh well. I still like the idea.

I've been trying lately to keep myself from having too much wasted time where I don't do anything but sit around and stare at the TV or the wall. I've been trying to make myself busy with worthwhile things that I find some enjoyment out of. Conquer Club, and the recent offer by them to help out, has made it much easier to fill my time. It is something that I enjoy. Heaven forbid I had a PAYING job with them. That would be unreal!

I'm thinking I might go to the BYU Hockey game this evening. I want to go on a small adventure of some sorts, but of course there are no good movies out at the theater to see this week, and I don't feel like renting one from Blockbuster, so I might just go see the hockey game. Holly said she would go a few weeks back and the BYU team won't be having another home game for something like five weeks. I guess that pretty much means now or never for the most part. Speaking of local sporting events, the Utah Flash begin their season here in a week or two and for only six dollars a ticket I think Holly and I will be going to see some of their games from time to time. BYU basketball starts next week too, so I guess that is good as well. I sure do like to go to sporting events. They are a ton of fun.

No comments: