Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Two Days In

Well, I have to say that after two days of school this semester I don't have a whole lot to show for it. We have reviewed the syllabus in all of my classes, and one of my classes only lasted about twenty minutes, but we haven't done much else to speak of. I was incredibly excited to go to my web design class today because it is something I have wanted to learn how to do for the longest time, but I checked my email this afternoon and discovered that class was canceled. Last night there was a snow storm that dumped nearly seven inches of snow on the town. Therefore, my instructor could not make it to Provo from his home in north Salt Lake City and I was left waiting all the way until Monday to learn my first bit of web programming. Needless to say, I was more than just a little bit disappointed.

I'm pretty tired of the snow at this point as well. It has been on the ground for five or six weeks at this point, and there has not been a day when it melts entirely before another snow storm will hit and leave the car buried, and my shoes wet as I walk to school. I wouldn't mind for a freakishly warm weekend that melted all of it, even if only for a day.

I don't know how many people know this, but I have learned to crotchet over the Christmas Break and am now in the process of creating for myself a magnificent blanket that will cover me at all times when I am cold. I don't know if Holly believes I will ever actually finish it, but I promise that I will and it will be the greatest blanket any of you have ever seen.

No comments: