Monday, August 13, 2007

Dinkin' Around

I am sitting here at work just trying to find a few ways to fill my time. I spent the entire afternoon and evening yesterday updating my Conquer Club tournaments and creating my Tournament website until I got to the point where there was nothing left for me to update. Now I have to research how to write HTML code and Javascript before I can do anything more for the website, and I have to wait a couple of days for the tournament games to be underway before updating. It is nice to have a day or two to work on some other things. A couple of the tournaments are almost done with play, so that is kind of cool as well.

I've been balancing the checkbook, posting on the blog, doing a little reading and trying to decide what I would like to do for lunch. I am thinking I might go get myself an 89 cent bean burrito from Taco Bell, but that may change.

Something I did discover today was an opportunity for a paid internship, $550 dollars per semester, to work for a Culture Guide program through the Kennedy Center here on campus. I'm not exactly sure if I qualify for the job this current semester, but I think after finishing my classes in the fall I would be able to apply in the wintertime. It's nothing extravagant, but would put a few extra dollars in the bank as well as get me some good experience here in town before looking for a full-time internship in the summer of 2009.

Holly and I just got called to be the new nursery teachers for the "younger" kids as Josh Whittaker put it when giving us the call. Holly is absolutely bubbling with excitement because she is in love with little kids. Me...well, I'm happy to have a calling that requires a little more than going to a meeting once every couple weeks, but at the same time, a little hesitant given the little kids. Don't get me wrong, I like little kids, especially teaching them to do things they shouldn't, but teaching them important things...well, we'll see I guess. It appears that I will be doing a little nursery shadowing in the next two weeks while Holly is out of town and then when she gets back we'll be getting set apart and put on the job.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Caleb, my mom has a blog. You should totally start reading it. joellechatfield.blogspot.com