Sunday, August 12, 2007

Time To Fill

Holly is leaving on a trip to California in a few days and she won't be home until the 27th of August, which leaves me with almost 2 full weeks of evenings and weekends to fill with projects and other things to keep myself as occupied as possible.

One such project that I have undertaken is the construction of a website which will allow me to conveniently gather all of my Conquer Club tournament information in one place where the players can go to see past results, find direct links to the current tournaments and see a list of upcoming tournaments that includes dates when they are expected to be announced. In the end, it is not a necessity for me to have this website, but I can use Google Pages to create it and it costs me absolutely nothing to do. The other upside is that if I can get it up and running in the next couple of months it will provide me with an effective platform to practice my new skills that I will be learning in my CHUM classes over the next few semesters.

Luckily for me, Russell, is able to answer the occasional question on how to get something to work the way I want it to.

My other projects for while Holly is gone include finishing the office here at home, which I made a significant amount of progress on yesterday and the day before, staying up to date on my current Conquer Club tournaments, spending a little bit of time with Shawn, who I haven't had the chance to go and just "hang out" with in several months, perhaps go see a movie, finish any small unpacking projects from the move two months ago, and try to review a little bit before my new classes start in three weeks. There are several of them that will start a little more smoothly if I can refresh my memory of the material from last semester before the first day of class.

Right now as I type this entry, I am trying to decide what I should include in the new blog: Yahtzee Sucks, which is a blog dedicated solely to stories revolving around the community at the Conquer Club site. It will be linked through my new website, hopefully to create a little bit of buzz amongst the players and a motivation to me to find interesting things to write about.

No comments: