Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Deeper Than I Thought

I was talking to my German 102 instructor this morning to review for a presentation that I have to do tomorrow morning in class and to check and make sure I had some of my vocabulary correct when I began to notice that my voice seemed to be extraordinarily deep for some reason. It struck me as a little bit funny because I kept trying to clear my throat to make sure there wasn't anything weird going on. What worse thing could there be than everyone in the room thinking to themselves: "Wow, he has a really deep voice today, he sounds like a moron." Of course, there wasn't anyone else in the room to think such a thing, but the thought was there nonetheless, so all of you get to hear about it.

My new job as a Tournament Director is running very smoothly so far, although I have had a bit of a fiasco with accidentally deleting a tournament thread for my OWN tournament. Yeah, that was pretty funny after I figured out what it was that I had done. It's all good now though as I have recreated the thread and posted the brackets once more and all is well in the tournament world.

Carter (that would be Steelhorse) and I have been working up some pretty intense proposals for a revamp of the Tournament Forums. He posted the official proposal yesterday and this morning we had Lackattack say that he couldn't find anything that needed to be changed. Hopefully that means that this weekend there will be some fun new additions to the site. Late last night Lackattack spilled out a huge new update that has the players up in arms with excitement, so if we can add some great tournament features that would be awesome.

The BYU football game got canceled for this week. It wasn't a home game, so I don't know why I care so much, except that it was going to be fun to have them clinch the Mountain West Conference title at home against Utah this year. I guess it could still happen, but we'll need some other teams to lose and help us out.

I had better get back to my homework for now. I just found out we have yet another day of extension on our Grammar test which is great news because verbs and adverbs are still giving me problems.

No comments: