Monday, October 29, 2007

What a Day!

I have accomplished quite a few things today and after being up late yesterday it has left me tired and ready to go to bed in just a few minutes.

I did every single thing in regards to homework, and not only that, I did it well and quickly, which is something that doesn't happen all of the time. By far the greatest news of the day was when something finally clicked in my head and I understood the concept we have been discussing all week for Grammar class. I have been working really hard to understand this new stuff after having struggled for the first half of the semester so far. I went to see my professor during her office hours just to be sure I was on the right track and I had almost every single thing from the assignment right. I had mixed myself up on one small detail but while I was talking to her I managed to get it fixed in my head and it shouldn't happen again.

I also spent a great deal of time at work today typing up the mid-semester evaluations that the students of the composition courses fill out for their graduate instructors. Most of the time I can count on some pretty off the wall comments from the students to make me laugh for a couple of minutes. For example, today I had one of the male students going on about how cute and sexy his instructor was in that "teacher sort of way." I literally had to read that one three or four times before I could believe what I was reading. It had nothing to do with the question on the evaluation, but he felt it necessary to make his feelings known. Man, what a crazy thing to say on something like that.

The rest of the day has been spent doing laundry, carving one heck of a cool-looking pumpkin (of which I will try to remember to post a picture), and keeping up with my duties as a Tournament Director for Conquer Club. We are looking to do a major revamp to the tournament system on the site this next week, so there have been plenty of projects to keep me busy added onto the tournaments I am normally running. I also couldn't resist the temptation to give some of the other players what they wanted, and created a new clan. However, with the clan I am nothing more than an overseer while esteemed colleagues Gozar and Night Strike take care of the majority of the details. It's still somewhat disconcerting to be viewed as a "figurehead" type of person on that site and I still find myself shaking my head about it some days.

No comments: