Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yeah, Those Verbs Were Smooching

This morning I took my German 102 test. Turns out it was a little bit easier than I thought it was going to be. My day is still incredibly busy and full of things that I have to get finished, but it is looking up because of that test not being as terrible as I had thought.

I've also finished the last editing assignment for class this evening, and I even think I'm starting to get a better handle on how to read through a section at a time and pick out all of the details that need to be fixed rather than just the ones that jump out at me. I still have a lot of practice left to do, but at least some of the concepts are beginning to stick for me. That's nice. Now I just have several hours of online German homework to finish and I'll be done for the day.

In reference to the title of this post, Herr Smith, my German 102 instructor, began class today with a sentence he wrote on the board. After which he loudly proclaimed: "LOOK! The verbs are smooching!" None of us had any idea what he was talking about, but apparently he was talking about the fact that the dative verb and the accusative verb were right next to each other separated by nothing more than a mere comma. He quickly explained that he had made it home from a long trip very late last night and then his wife wanted Taco Bell, however the Taco Bell took 45 minutes to get his food ready and so therefore he hasn't had much sleep for today. Still, the verbs were smooching and he was terribly excited by that.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I had a similar experience in stats. Apparently, the symbols were kissing up against each other. Wierd.