Sunday, January 6, 2008

School Once Again

Tomorrow is the first day of school all over again. I feel like I am well prepared to face that monster for yet another semester, but at the same time I am a little nervous. I have always struggled in the literature courses due to the "deeper meaning" that we are supposed to search for when we are reading. Whenever I read a story I approach it as just that: a story. I never take the time to think that perhaps the author is actually trying to tell me something ground-breaking. That is where I struggle to find my place in these classes. I don't know how to respond to everyone when they discuss the hidden messages of oppression or enlightenment and such. I just view it as a story. Perhaps that is why I want to be a manuscript editor at some point.

Holly is both nervous and excited to go back to school. Although, she now has her new "war backpack" as she calls it and she says she is ready to take it on. I think she will do just fine and will probably enjoy herself more than she is ready to believe. At the same time, it will be a bit of an adjustment for me to have both of us in school. I'm not used to her having to do homework too because ever since we got married she hasn't had any homework. I'm used to thinking, "Hey, I'm done with my homework, let's go on an adventure!" I need to quickly convince myself that life is going to work in a different manner now. She was always ready for adventures before, and I'm sure she will still be, but I need to remember that she also has other things to do as well.

School. Work. Holly. Conquer Club. Rinse. Repeat. Fun, eh?

No comments: