Monday, January 7, 2008

Shout-Out to Mom and Dad

I spent the day dealing with parents who thought they needed to do all of the legwork for their children today. I had at least 15-20 mothers, fathers, grandmothers and such arrive at the English Composition Office today trying to add the classes that their children were either too lazy to add for themselves or too stupid to figure out how to add for themselves. I will be honest in saying that I was somewhat disgusted at these parents.

I want to tell my Mom and Dad thanks for teaching me how to do certain things in life on my own. I understand that sometimes folks need a little help, or sometimes people need a companion to help them through a rough experience. However, I am glad my parents taught me how to keep track of the bills on my own, how to go and get the oil changed on my own, how to go talk to teachers on my own, how to go to the doctor on my own, and several other things.

Basically, I'm glad my parents didn't lead me by the hand throughout my entire life because I would be embarrassed if my parents had to go add my classes for me.

Yep, simple as that.

No comments: