Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Welcome Back My Friends

How's this for fun: 2 blogs, 4 classes, 2 jobs, 11 tournaments, homework to do, checkbook to balance, groceries to buy, laundry to clean, a wife to love, and a car to clean. That's the short definition of my life at the moment, and guess what? I wouldn't trade anything in the world to have it any other way. Something about it has me very happy today, that's all you need to know.

There are very few things that can improve my mood better than a late night all by myself, headphones on, and a keyboard to pound away at. That's what I'm doing right now, actually I've been doing it for the past 3 hours and my outlook on life is improving drastically by the moment. I've almost got the lyrics to Elliot Yamin's "Wait For You" memorized as well. You folks don't know the meaning of "high life" in my world.

The past week has given me some interesting trials in my volunteer work for Conquer Club. I love the job that was entrusted to me in being a Tournament Director, and while there are some days when I get a little lost in the role and get quite upset at faceless individuals halfway around the world when they break the rules and then publicly flog the system for no reason whatsoever, I still find too much fulfillment and enjoyment to give it up. Some might tell me that is a silly way to think, but those people don't understand the real impact that job has had on my life over the past 4 months. Well, maybe some of you do.

School is something I've been on the fence with the past couple of weeks as well. Part of me wants it to be over tomorrow and the other half of me wishes it would just stick around so I don't have to face the reality of actually finding a big kid job. I don't really think I'll have any trouble doing so when the time comes, but with a shift in my personal interest in the past few weeks, it is an interesting vein of thought to follow from time to time. A brief period recently had me considering changing my major over to Computer Science as I realize more and more how much I love working on them and figuring out how to program, but after a so-called "heart to heart" with Dad I decided the degree was a bigger deal, and I can learn the programming on my own time with a few classes on the side. I think I have a bit of a knack for it actually.

I'm currently searching to find a legitimate source for the Top 100 books of all time in order to begin a quest to read each and every single one of them. I want to start with #100 and work my way up the list as quickly as possible. How many people do you know that can say they have read 100 of the greatest books of all time? Yep, didn't think so. If anyone knows a good source for that kind of list, point me in the right direction.

In closing, rock on with what you've got to do folks, but from tonight on, your problems aren't my problems anymore. I've got bigger fish to fry then worry about some of the things that keep taking my attention from things I consider more important. Live your lives, make some friends, and learn an important lesson: Complaints aren't going to get you very far in life these days.

I've got big things to accomplish starting today, I'll let you know when I get them done.

No comments: