Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Monkey Kissers

At times there are mornings when you wake up and things just seem a little bit off kilter. Today is one of those days for me personally.

It all started with the foul stench that was permeating the apartment as I got out of bed. I knew that the trash needed to be emptied, but I also knew that it should not have started stinking that badly even in a worse case scenario. The point is that having the house stink really threw me off this morning and I am not sure if I have recovered from it yet.

The weekend was a pretty lazy one as I didn't do much of anything, and of course, that meant I thought I had plenty to keep me busy and occupied as I got to work this morning. I was looking forward to creating some games and updating some brackets on Conquer Club. Boy, was I wrong. The owner of the site, lackattack, accidentally installed an incomplete version of an update he was planning on and it eliminated my tournament privileges. This left me with absolutely nothing to do today since I had not brought my book with me thinking tournament business would keep me busy all day long between my work responsibilities.

It still isn't fixed, and I'm hoping that it becomes fixed before I go to bed. I updated my records with everything I could, but not be able to do more kind of sucks. I suppose I will have to find something else to do later.

I'm also quite upset that this morning I discovered they have pretty much eliminated the possibility of doing fireworks for Pioneer Day tomorrow because of the super dry conditions and all of the forest fires here in Utah. I was thinking about going to buy a few dollars worth to set off in the street, but according to the website for the City of Provo you can't set them off anywhere within 20 feet of grass or flammable materials. That eliminates all streets that I know of. Oh well, I'll find something else to do I guess.

No comments: