Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Doodalali Days

I have managed to do several things so far today, most of which have absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever. After pondering on that thought for a few minutes, I realize that I don't mind in any way shape or form.

Thankfully, Conquer Club has the tournament system back up and running so I have been able to get quite a bit of work done in that regard. It has been nice to whittle away the time this afternoon on something that keeps my mind occupied and fresh. Two of the tournaments are almost done and I'm just waiting for the final games to finish. It really amazes me that I'm able to spend an hour or so a day and keep up with everything. Thank goodness for that.

Yesterday was Pioneer Day here in Utah and I spent the first half of it doing nothing but relaxing and sleeping in. It was absolutely marvelous if you ask me. I haven't had a day to sleep in in what seems like forever. With work starting at 8:00am each day, including Saturdays and church starting at 8:00am each Sunday there literally isn't a day for me to sleep in unless it happens to be a holiday. I'm looking forward to the beginning of school when I don't have work on Saturday and our church time will move to 10:00am. I'll feel like a well-rested man I'm sure.

Holly and I went to see the new Pixar film Ratatoulle (I think that's how it is spelled) yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it quite a bit. Afterwards, on a whim we went to see Transformers for the second time. Of course, I was much more into it than Holly, but she said that she noticed a couple of new things this time through as well. It was a pretty decent Pioneer Day in the end, although I wish I would have had the chance to set off some fireworks. That is what holidays are all about. Explosions and fireballs.

No comments: