Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've Made My Decision

After several weeks of trying to weigh my options on what the best idea for a new computer would be (MacBook vs. iMac) I have come to my decision today. If it is possible, I will purchase the MacBook for both the mobility factor and for the fact that it is more easily upgradeable in the future. The other thought that I had today was that if I do have a kid before the end of school, I will be losing my office and if I purchase a desktop computer I won't have anywhere convenient to put it if that is the case. With a MacBook I can just keep my mousepad and mouse on a little shelf or in a drawer and I'm up and running at the kitchen table in no time. Problem solved.

In other news, I have lost over 250 points on Conquer Club today; oddly enough, I don't feel that bad about it. I'm trying to cut my games down and I won four today and lost like 7 of my 2 player games. I'm also on track to win another one later tonight if the other player takes his turns. Running tournaments on that site is my passion right now as far as frivolous things are concerned and I think by the time school starts I'll be playing in less than 10 games at any given point. At least then my points won't swing so drastically all at once.

I'm going to run on my treadmill for the first time tonight. My goal is 15 minutes of something. It might just be walking, or it might be a little light jogging, we'll see, but I am going to do it nonetheless. Holly will be proud. I also got a haircut last night and feel great. I'm almost positive that it helped to some degree when I was walking over to another building in the skin-melting heat this afternoon. Hah, at least the humidity is till under 50%, which is always going to seem like there is none at all to me after living in Bartlesville and Houston.

No comments: