Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Homemade Churros

I have had some homemade churros twice in the last three days, and both times they were absolutely delicious. Shelley bought me a churro mix for my birthday back in May, and Holly found a free moment to make me some recently. They were delicious all around and we really enjoyed eating them up as a late night snack. I think churro mix will be a regular thing in our household over the span of my life, but we'll see.

The Conquer Club tournaments are going well these days, and some of them are even finishing faster than I had originally thought they would. I'm not going to complain about that at all. I have restrained myself from announcing any new tournaments lately just to make sure I don't get in too far over my head with school approaching quickly in three weeks time. I have developed the ideas for several more though and have them waiting in the wings for when the time is right.

Life in general is treating me well over the past week or two. I have had a little bit of trouble sleeping at night but it is starting to improve a bit. I chalk it up to my usual cycle that comes around every couple of months where I just don't sleep as well as normal. I have no idea what causes it, but it happens and it doesn't cause me much in the way of grief of inconvenience. Holly and I also have spent the last two days being extremely productive and busy around the house getting things cleaned up and put away and scrubbed really well.

No comments: