Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day Of School

I had my first class of the semester this morning as today is the first day of school. It was my German 102 class, and I will admit to being very disappointed in the result. I had signed up for that class because I was going to have the same instructor as I did for my German 101 last winter semester. However, I quickly found out this morning that there was a scheduling change and now I have a new instructor who I don't know if I'm going to like very much. He absolutely refuses to do anything in English, which is going to be a problem because 3 of the kids in our class haven't had any German in almost 2 years. I guess we'll see what happens with this. I figure I'll just be doing a whole lot of reviewing at home to refresh my memory on things from the last class.

The only real downside to today is that I only have my German class, and then I need to burn time until work at 1:00pm. After that I have my second class of the day for 2 and a half hours of wonderful editing skills knowledge. I'm glad that I have this big chunk of time between my morning class and work, but I do think it will be put to better use in a few days when I actually have some homework that I have to do. Until then, I guess I'll just keep taking Conquer Club turns and improving my score.

I slept pretty well last night, but from about 5:00am this morning on I was very anxious to get the semester started. With the exception of German 102, I am very enthusiastic about the classes I am taking: Basic Editing Skills, Grammar, and CHUM because they will finally provide me with some of the useful skills I've been trying to find in order to actually get good paying jobs. I bought my textbooks a few days ago and after looking through them I'm very excited. I think that one or two of them will require lots of homework and lots of extra study, but at least it will be studying something I will use later in life, unlike the Shakespearean sonnets from last semester.

The last couple days have had me thinking that I should resurrect the Scrap Judgment blog from so long ago. I think I might go back and pull some of the posts and re-post them here on One Shall Stand just for kicks. I've still got the link to Scrap Judgment in the sidebar though, so if any of you want to give it a look-see, feel free.

No comments: