Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finding A Fresh Start

So today I decided that I once again wanted a fresh start to my blogging experience....

HA! You totally thought I was going to list a link to my new blog didn't you? Well, I didn't. I just changed the title of this blog to something different! Sneaky, eh? I think so.

Anyways, I've had a pretty good day so far despite the fact that I had to go and spend 15 dollars buying new editing pens because my professor has decided that the ones I normally use are "too bulky" for his tastes. Who comes up with that kind of thing? Well, in the end, they are pretty cool pens even if I had to spend $5.00 a piece for them. I hope they last for the entire semester or they can shoot flames at my enemies for that kind of price.

Work has been pretty low key for the past few days which has meant lots of time for me to get miscellaneous projects done for myself. For example, today I am writing on both of my blogs while at work, that way I don't have to do it at home. I also called the Financial Aid office to get a question answered, I've written an email to my grammar professor, and in just a few minutes I'm going to start working on some small "busy work" types of assignments for a couple of my classes. Aren't you so proud of me? I am.

I went to the Rocky Mountain Review last night to see Roximus Prime perform with the BYU marching band. She had requested that Holly and I make an appearance, but circumstances prevented Holly from going, so I went to give our support. I actually got to sit on the second row of the stadium, so I didn't really have much of a grasp for what shapes the bands were making, but I could tell that the drummers were having a fun time of it. I remember in high school watching the band at halftime and thinking that the only job I would ever want to have in said band was to be one of the drum players that has the four drums at once. I think those are pretty cool.

I saw two other bands besides BYU (which performed last). I saw Skyview High School and American Fork High School. Sorry, Britni, but American Fork blew the pants off of anything the Bartlesville High School band did back in the day. It was pretty intense. I also saw Brittany Bird during the BYU show. She looked very intense while tootling away on her fancy little piccolo. I wonder how good of a trumpet player I would have been if I hadn't quit playing because I didn't want to be in the marching band during high school. Guess we'll never know. That's okay.

That's about all of the exciting news I've got for today. 6 more days until the release of Transformers on DVD. That's the most important thing.

No comments: