Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tournament Director

I didn't have the time to write about this yesterday, mostly because I was so excited I couldn't stand it, but that is beside the point.

Yesterday, I was contacted by the Community Manager for Conquer Club and was offered a position on the site as a Tournament Director. I was given the ability to grant tournament privileges to other players, move forum threads around, edit posts and have a fancy little title underneath my username. I was also given access to the hidden forum that is reserved only for other moderators to discuss changes to the site and I was appointed to the Advisory Panel. My main duties are to mosey around the 4 tournament forums and make sure that all is well and help out other tournament organizers in an official capacity. All in all, it was a pretty good day for me.

Holly was excited for me as she knows that running the tournaments on Conquer Club is pretty much my main hobby these days. It wasn't a job I was gunning for by any means, but it was one that I was excited to be offered, that's for sure.

I have had many other exciting things that happened this week, something every single day to be exact, but I am going to save those for future posts in my quest for the 21 days of habit I've got going on right now.

No comments: