Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week of Friends

This week I has three consecutive days when I ran into old friends that I had not seen in months, one of them for years, and had the opportunity to spend a little while talking to each of them.

It all started when I was sitting in the Wilkenson Center eating lunch on Tuesday and I ran across Aaron Anderson, an old MTC buddy and mission friend. We got to talking and managed to catch up on all of the things in our lives that neither of us knew anything about. Then, the next day I was at work a little early and working on a bulletin board project when Rob Callan, my good friend from freshman year here at BYU, taps me on the shoulder. It was great to see him because a couple of the other guys from freshman year had been over to dinner with Holly and I recently and we had been talking about Rob and how much we missed him now that he was married. Finally, on Thursday while Holly was at work there was a knock on the door and Robert Ameling, one of my favorite mission buddies was there. I hadn't seen him since the day he left the mission and I was thrilled to have the chance to sit down and see what he had been up to for the past 2 years.

Like I said, it was a good week.

No comments: